Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Baby Shower and Other Things

So, the time is almost upon us for a baby so there are some important things to discuss. When is this baby coming out and how much is she going to weigh? Also, what the heck are we going to name this baby? That's where you come in.

The official date of delivery is forecasted to be May 30th. Please leave a comment, or send an e-mail directly to one of us, with your guess of date and weight. The winner(s) will get a prize to be determined by us at a later date.

Karl's guess: May 20th, 6lbs, 7.5 ounces
Melissa's guess: June 2nd, 7lbs, 2 ounces

Also, you, yes YOU, get to help us pick the name. That's not actually true, but I want you all to feel a part of things so play along. We'll post the results in a few weeks. Please no additions to the list......I'm not naming my daughter Larri, Larina or Mitchy so don't even think about it Larry.

The top 3 are...
  • Dagny
  • Ainsley
  • Zoe
Choose carefully.

Below are some photos from the baby shower we had on April 9th. Also, there are some shots of Melissa and I taken by the wonderful person, Sara, who organized the shower. Enjoy! Please leave a comment - we enjoy reading them.


YUM!

Some Guests

"This is my belly"

Cute Outfit

Melissa touching my bump....hilarious

Melissa getting help from our friends daughter Chloe

Our friend Travis and his son Ori

More Gifts!

Fun With String

"I'm so sorry I Did This To You..."

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Zoe, but will endorse any name choice if you remove that goofy photo of me from the blog!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

My vote and prediction:

Zoe

June 3
7lbs 8oz.

What about inducing labor?? All bets are off then, i suppose. You might actually get to choose the date.


-Jennifer (Hill)
10lbs. 2oz. Hell-o.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I think you should name the kid Dagney just so we can all have something else to make fun of you two for. Love you guys!

Cory

Anonymous said...

What about Polly as a name

Anonymous said...

I really like the name Polly

Anonymous said...

I also vote for Polly

Anonymous said...

Polly? Is anonymous a pirate or something? g-ma

Oh, a date and weight. Um, not before I get the blanket done and not the size of a pony. Name? Thanks, but I am all tapped out on names. That's your job. Ask your sister. She has an opinion on EVERYTHING. AND since he's sorry, make him get up at 3am.....luv u

Anonymous said...

Finally, a Cory I can get on board with!!! Parker votes for Zoe all the way!!

Zoe shall arrive May 20th and shall weigh in at 9 lbs 2 oz.

Anonymous said...

And may your first child be a masculine child.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with Zoe first.

Anonymous said...

Forget all those wuss names. You need something that will strike fear in the hearts of men. It should be something like "Destructor" or "The Eviscerator." Anything else is just lame.

Anonymous said...

Love the website! My vote is also for Zoe...and my prediction: June 1, weighing 6 lbs, 15 oz. Can't wait to see that baby!

Take care,
Jill (Popov)

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Zoe and my prediction is June 1 6lbs 10 oz

I can't wait to meet the little one! I love you guys and miss you like crazy!

Sara

Anonymous said...

I think any of the names would work when welcoming a new Mec-Schnitger into the world. I think the new hyphinated child will be 8 lbs 13oz...
Jason M
Just my $0.02

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the whole Larina thing...Nothing to do with Larry:) I think our little one will get here nice and late just to driver her mamma crazy I'll go for June 4th.

She's coming in the sweet package of 7 lbs and 3.7 oz.

hugs,
Jords

Anonymous said...

ok people - I don't think you get this... I am NOT having a 9/10 lb baby (8 is even questionable!!!)

keep the predictions coming :-)!!!

Melissa

P.S. if you click on other instead of anonymous you can type your name in...

Anonymous said...

Hi Soon parents-to-be I loved your message but this is too advanced for
me! I can't wait to be a 'great' grandma. I predict she will arive the
21st. Love you Nanny

Anonymous said...

You know..my mom used to say that same thing...'I am not having a 10lb. baby!'

Don't jinx yourself!

HAHAHAHAHA!

I have to give you a hard time. Just have to!

Anonymous said...

Shawn votes for Ansley and 6 lbs 4 oz. Dave thinks Ansley is a boy's name, but he thinks you should go with it. He prefers to just wait until the baby is born to guess the weight!! (go figure) and I love the names Zoe (although I can't get that BiG FuZZY orange Sesame Street Character out of my head, I loved her too) and Ansley as well. I would also estimate by the pictures and the size of Melissa's belly in the picture, that she is going to have a little 6 pounder, but don't let that little belly fool you!! I had a little belly and had a sweet little 9lb 9oz BUDDA baby. No kidding, that's what the doctor called her when she was born. She was so tightly tucked in there, they literally had to "unfold" her from her budda position. Good Luck and be sure to let us know!!

Love and miss you,
Shawn, David and Tonja Yakovich


Oh yeah the date, we guess June 2nd!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I've given it some thought.....
Ainsley

May 30th-Derek's B-day-smack dab in the middle of the Gemini's.

Weight 6lbs 10 oz

Linds
-I'll be in town briefly Mothers Day weekend-I'll call:)